If you are having problem in Outlook 2013 , Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007
- Outlook stops responding (hangs).
- Outlook crashes even though you aren't actively using it.
- Outlook crashes when you start it.
If outlook is having any of above Outlook Problems please follow the below steps
Step 1: Check add-ins
- Open Run (press Window key + R) or look for run after clicking Start on desktop
- Type Outlook /safe, and then click OK.
- If the outlook opens fine then click on the File menu, click Options, and then click Add-Ins. ( If outlook still Hangs skip to STEP 2 othwise continue)
- Click on COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
- Here clear all the check boxes in the list, and then click OK.
- Restart Outlook. If the problem doesn't occur, start adding the add-ins one by one at a time until the problem comes and remove the Add-inn in which problem occurs.
STEP 2: Delete and Reconfigure Email user profile
Although in most case this is not the issue but still give a try as next step will take lot of time.
- Open Control Panel, and then look and open the Mail.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Select the profile that you want to remove, and then Remove it.
- Click Add.
- In the Profile Name box, type a name for the profile.
- Specify the name, the Email Address and the password. Then, click Next.
- If you're prompted, enter your logon Details , and then click OK.
- When set up is finished, click Finish.
Step 3: Look for Virus/ Junk Email in web server
If your outlook opens and closes automatically when send and receives begins and work fine when you stops it as soon as outlook opens or not connected to Internet then possibly this is caused by Virus/ Junk Email. To rectify this you have to logged in into your web based email server( E.g. if you are using Google account in open you mail in Gmail. Now see the last mail received in outlook, virus mail must be in next 10 mails from the last mail received in outlook. so check by deleting one by one mail from last mail received. If your problem is still now solved and outlook continue to freeze follow next step properly.
Step 4: Scanpst.exe
There might be possible reason the the outlook PST file got corrupted. This can also happen due to not closing outlook properly, always try to exit outlook program from the file menu and then exit. This is the proper way of closing outlook.
To run scanpst.exe follow the steps
C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice12
- Open My Computer or Computer
- open windows drive ( mostly C:)
- Look for Program files (x86) and Open it
- Here open Microsoft Office
- Now open office12 / office13 / office 14 as differenet version will have different folder name
- now look for scanpst.exe open it and browse for your outlook.pst data file ( How to check location for Outlook data file )
- Run Scan ...once scan finishes it ask you to repair the file please click repair and wait for successfully finished dialog box.
Hopefully this will solve the problem